World Championship. Turin, Italy, 22-28 March 2010, Plushy will NOT be there :-(

« Older   Newer »
rollerbladerunner
view post Posted on 19/3/2010, 18:37

They probably try and wait to the last to see if he can or not be in Turin...
For Zhenya this time was probably really hard to give up, I think, more than in every other occasion, after all the problems and controversy of Olympics.
But health comes first and this is maybe the best decision to take if he wants to have some chance to be performing in the following years..so, sad, but necessary! :AddEmoticons04284.gif:

.:naki:.
view post Posted on 19/3/2010, 18:54

i'm s so saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddddd

rollerbladerunner
view post Posted on 19/3/2010, 19:08

Yeah, me too.. :cry: I was doing the countdown since...olympics! and i didn't expected a news like this just few days before the start of worlds..
we must just think that this is for his health..

cekoni
view post Posted on 19/3/2010, 19:31

And to me is very sorry for his withdrawal, especially because the whole symbolism around Turin :( .... but not should exaggerate... :ph34r:

Zhenya must take care about self and stay healthy ... he is still young - for all will be time - only patience, and recovery well ^_^

:24vr2mx.gif: :AddEmoticons04225.gif:

cekoni
view post Posted on 19/3/2010, 20:41

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62I3..._medium=twitter
MILAN Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:09pm EDT

Yevgeny Plushenko pulls out of world skating championships

MILAN (Reuters) - Olympic silver medalist Yevgeny Plushenko has pulled out of next week's figure skating world championships because of injury.

"We've received a mail, he is injured. He will not compete," a spokeswoman for the Turin organizers said on Friday, adding the Russian may come to the event to watch.

Plushenko was examined in St Petersburg and told he should not perform strenuous exercise for at least two weeks because of trouble with his knees, president of the Russian skating federation Valentin Piseyev told local media.

"Unfortunately he will not be able to compete in Turin. His physical condition will not allow him to perform at his highest level," Piseyev said.

cekoni
view post Posted on 19/3/2010, 22:13

http://twitter.com/yanarudkovskaya

Yana Rudkovskaya:

"I scream all day, doctors pronounced the verdict to Zhenya, that he could break quadriceps muscle and there are problems, the World is canceled!"

cekoni
view post Posted on 19/3/2010, 22:30

And "officialy" .... -_-

http://evgeni-plushenko.com/news/46.htm

Evgeni Plushenko will miss the World Championships 2010

Medalist of Olympic Games Evgeni Plushenko will not be able to compete at the World Figure Skating Championships in Turin, which begin March 23, 2010.

March 18 Evgeni passed medical examination in "Consulting-diagnostic center for administration of the President of Russia" in St. Petersburg. On the recommendations of consilium leading experts, skater should be excluded sports and physical activities for a period of two weeks.

Anuradha dil se
view post Posted on 19/3/2010, 22:45

:AddEmoticons02113.gif: This is too hard & too sad for Adela too...

I allmost know allready, that he isn't coming to Stockholm eather... I know... I scear... I know... GOD BLESS HIM!

dimitra
view post Posted on 19/3/2010, 22:48

he will come to shows no worries, he will skate also in Russia shows at the end of March.
But it is different to skate in a show with some pain and another thing prepare for World Championships..

rollerbladerunner
view post Posted on 19/3/2010, 22:52

CITAZIONE (Anuradha dil se @ 19/3/2010, 22:45)
:AddEmoticons02113.gif: This is too hard & too sad for Adela too...

I allmost know allready, that he isn't coming to Stockholm eather... I know... I scear... I know... GOD BLESS HIM!

Are you sure that he won't be in stockholm? because I've read somewhere that he can't compete..but maybe he can do shows because they aren't so difficult and fisically hard to do than a competition...I don't know...

Anuradha dil se
view post Posted on 19/3/2010, 22:52

I know, competition is much harder Dimitra! Now I have to go cry to my room. This is too sad. I will pray for him hard!

cekoni
view post Posted on 19/3/2010, 22:54

QUOTE (Anuradha dil se @ 19/3/2010, 22:45)
... This is too hard & too sad for Adela too...

I allmost know allready, that he isn't coming to Stockholm eather...

As and for Dimi, and Irena... for girls which come (especially because him) from Korea, Japan and Russia, for other Itaian girls.... :(

He will be in Stockholm - dont worry ;) ... Ari Zakarian about shows: #entry385172197
Also, Ari Zakarian said Plushenko will be able to take part in the show-programs, which are scheduled for March 30 and 31. "Yes, to show he can recover. They do not need to perform a quadruple jump. In this case, the difficulties would not arise," - added agent skater.

Edited by cekoni - 19/3/2010, 22:58

Anuradha dil se
view post Posted on 19/3/2010, 23:12

I don't know that for sure rollerbladerunner, but I scare A LOT! Thanks Cekoni, but it's hard to be without scear... He was away from Finlandia Trophy 2009 too, even he was coming there too... I scear, but I try to be happy and... Oh, I'm so sorry for fans, who are coming from Japan and so oon for Evgeni to the Worlds...

cekoni
view post Posted on 19/3/2010, 23:41

OK.. Ari spoke only about shows in Russia - for Evgeni they are certainly the most important :B): ... for the other shows nothing is not sure yet... -_-

-------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/yanarudkovskaya

# I'm so sorry, yesterday he was made 45 jumps at training, was in perfect shape, even though his knee badly hurt already 10 days... so sorry, no words!
about 1 hours ago

# Thanks to everyone who is going through, believe - for him is more harder, he is ready, but the risk, that he may retire from the sport for a year is beyond his power! Shows will be, but without quads!
44 minutes ago

# I hope for his speedy recovery, if only there were no surgery! I can not write, talk to him again and my eyes filled with tears
35 minutes ago

cekoni
view post Posted on 20/3/2010, 01:46

www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/69685276.html
19.03.2010, 19:52

Alexei Mishin: "Plushenko is experiencing pain during the performance of difficult jumps - a triple Axel's and a quadruple toe loop's"

"Zhenya still wanted to compete, and I had the mood for a successful performance in Turin. But doctors prohibit to Evgeni skating with extremely high loads. He feels pain in the performance of difficult jumps - a triple Axel and a quadruple toe loop's. These jumps doctors recommended to remove from his skating. Train him, however, they allowed. But training will be held in lightweight mode.

To Evgeni's did now an magnetic-resonance tomography (scan). We specifically do not pass this analysis before Vancouver :o: to be Evgeni realized his dream - participation in his third Olympics. But now, when the intensity of combat decreased, we had to go into this procedure. Discussions was no longer, that the world championship will have to miss, it became clear immediately."

------------------------------------

www.championat.ru/other/_skating/news-448730.html
19.03.2010, 23:12

Mishin: Next season Plushenko will be more relaxed

The coach of Olympic champion Turin-2006 Evgeni Plushenko, Alexei Mishin said about preparing his ward to the coming season, and also confirmed, that the knee in which he have pain, and because which Evgeni had to miss the World Championships in Turin, was hurt and at the Olympics.

"We already select music, prepare new programs, new choreographic solutions, we will use new methods of training, planning summer camps. Next season will be similar to this one, but it will be more relaxed. This year we began preparing in June, and in February had been the top season. Now we want to increase the number of appearances, to raise Evgeni's the rating. :woot: Then he will not have to skate along lower-level skaters..

In general, during and after the Olympics, Evgeni felt some pain in his right knee,"- quoted Mishin RIA Novosti with reference to the radio" Zenith ".

77 replies since 9/12/2009, 21:41   2923 views