Zhenya ON ice, ... everything else

« Older   Newer »
cekoni
view post Posted on 17/9/2009, 05:23 by: cekoni

http://mk-piter.ru/2009/09/16/026/
16:09.2009., Alena Skobareva

Zhenya's now does not need spectacles

Alexei Mishin not know how to wedding will affect on the Olympic prospects of his pupil

Performance Turin Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko at "St. Petersburg's Cup" impressed the audience. Few could have expected, that five months before the Games-2010, and after three years of inactivity, Zhenya will be decided on two quadruple jumps in one program. In this case, for two programs, skater scored 259.14 points. This is about five points worse than the world record. For athlete's coach Alexei Mishin, his skating, it seems, also came as a surprise.

- Alexei Nikolaevich, you satisfied with performance of yours pupil?
- Of course. Short program he performed flawlessly. I even not find fault in anything. In an long program, he allowed some roughness, however, with this skating I am most pleased. Even, I did not expect, that Evgeni's will be resolved maximum complicate the program. I did not insist on this. But he is so confident in himself, that he decided to show the cascade of a quadruple and two triple jumps. In the world today, that no one does. But Plushenko decided to perform this complex element here, in Petersburg, when a specific need for it was not. I like this position of skater very much.

- Evgeni went from the ice, barely breathing. He was all red from fatigue. What is the reason?
- The reason is that - it is not impossible, that Plushenko now to be in perfect shape. But I am glad, that he was able to show the whole program from beginning to end, although before the start I had doubt.

- Why are you banned recording skating of Plushenko?
- This is the first skate after a long break. There is no need, to do from this, some kind of show. From my own experience I know, as more spectacles around athlete played, the worse the result. Ahead us is still more work. When all will be done - shoot for your pleasure.

- Maybe you're just afraid, that the skater will not be able to demonstrate his best skating?
- Of which I was afraid, I better keep in silence.

- At which start now, we will can seen Evgeni?
- We are going to the second stage of the "Russian Cup", which will be held on October 6 in Perm.

- Do not interfere Eugeni's wedding, yours preparations for the Olympics?
- We will see later.

196 replies since 10/9/2009, 07:23   11404 views