Zhenya ON ice, ... everything else

« Older   Newer »
cekoni
view post Posted on 13/9/2009, 02:12 by: cekoni

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/346793

Three-time Olympic champion Irina Rodnina: I have age as good skater - 6.0!

- In Evgeni Plushenko you believe? On "St. Petersburg Cup" this week, his skating produce furor.

- There are fears and for Plushenko: I can not recall an example of a successful return in singles skating. Tried and Petrenko, and Boitano, and Katarina Witt, but was unsuccessful. Nevertheless, it seems to me, that can be successfully return. But "Cup of Leningrad" - this is not the level of competition, where you can evaluate preparing athlete. First of all, psychological. Moreover, as soon as Evgeni feels the competition in the short program, he starts with failures. In an Long program, he is much stronger and more interesting rivals. But in the short program, at the forefront goes of psychology.

Quadruple jump - it does not return. Return - this is when you can cope with all its technical and psychological problems. Honor and praise to Evgeni and those who help him, if he would be able to cope with all this. But the main problem is not the point, but the fact that behind Plushenko no one. In Sochi Plushenko will not be able to compete....

-----------------------------------------

I really appreciate Rodnina, but I think that she is not looking Evgeni's since Olympics 2002, when mentioned his mistakes in short program :36_11_6.gif:

196 replies since 10/9/2009, 07:23   11404 views