Various news about other skaters

« Older   Newer »
dimitra
view post Posted on 10/7/2009, 01:49

in the pages we speak about bielman spin 5-10 pages from the end, this thread is going to make a record, in the 1000 post it will be locked because it is the policy of forum for bandwith ans Mathman told me it is the first thread ever to reach 1000! :2hx3inp.gif:

30 posts left,come there we will have a party at the end !!!

kudryavka
view post Posted on 13/7/2009, 09:55

13 July 2009
http://www.nhk.or.jp/news/k10014228081000.html

Daisuke Takahashi went to Detroit for summer training camp. Last year he had surgery right knee. So, he had withdrawal from all competitions. Now, he began trains on ice from April. He already restored even triple axel.
Olympics season, he will skate tango 'Eye' by Coba as short program. And free is the theme of Italian movie 'La Strada / The Road,' he will show emotions.
--------

tango... :o:

dimitra
view post Posted on 13/7/2009, 10:17

it is his last year sp
i posted it in cliff notes in GS if you dont mind:)

kudryavka
view post Posted on 13/7/2009, 10:43

QUOTE (dimitra @ 13/7/2009, 19:17)
it is his last year sp
i posted it in cliff notes in GS if you dont mind:)

yes, same as last season's!

of course, if you want to post it, you can :D i dont mind <3

rainisland
view post Posted on 15/7/2009, 09:31

News and photos of some Mishin's team skaters, and Fumie (all from Pinzolo summer camp).

Andrei Lutai:
I saw him skating, or better say, practice choreography for a new program......he is allways so sweet and gentle, but I didn't see him improved lot from last year.
He did quad during the training and he got an aplause from the girls who was there, but we were concentrated to Plushy's practice so I didn't pay attention to Lutai - even if this beautifull guy deserve it :wub:
Outside from ice rink, he made a photos with us and we cheering him for his 2° place at Europian, and he was shy and silent :AddEmoticons04225.gif:
Here they are some photos:

Fumie:
She didn't skate these days at Pinzolo, it was her day off, but she walked around ice rnk and she came to say hello to us - she was very very sweet and gentle, and that's all I can say about her.... ^_^
There are some photos:

Artur Gachinski:
The "new Plushy" is in that "particular age of changing", and he is very different from last year, bigger, but not angelic anymore.
For the same reason as Lutai, we didn't follow his practice, we had eyes only for Plushy.
But there it is one photo of young Artur and our Loris:

Edited by rainisland - 15/7/2009, 10:53

kudryavka
view post Posted on 15/7/2009, 12:41

wow... Artur grew up :o: he's already not boy, very handsome guy :wub: Fumie looks so gentle! :) Thank you Ada!! :AddEmoticons04225.gif:

kudryavka
view post Posted on 16/7/2009, 03:47

Music and choreographer list of men 2009-10
http://sports.geocities.jp/skate0910/09-10men.html
Not news but useful.

RUS - Evgeni PLUSHENKO
SP - Nocturne #20 in C Sharp Minor, op. Posth - Lento con gran espressione (Music by Fre'de'ric Franc,ois Chopin, Arranged by Edvin Marton, Choreographed by David Avdysh)
FS - Tango Amor (Music by Edvin Marton, Choreographed by David Avdysh)

:plushyoly: :24vr2mx.gif: :i5skuv.gif:

Kate_
view post Posted on 16/7/2009, 08:00

Thanks Kudry, it's very useful.

How about program for exhibitions? i hope it will be something new. :>

dimitra
view post Posted on 16/7/2009, 08:48

WOW thats helpful !!!!million thanx!!!!!krudy you will post it GS cillf notes???

kudryavka
view post Posted on 20/7/2009, 03:17

Patrick Chan's Olympics Long Program 'Phantom of the Opera' was uploaded to youtube. According to audience, Chan landed a quad toe easily during 6-minutes-practice.

Patrick Chan 2009 Liberty LP - Phantom of the Opera

3A (fall), 4T (fall), 3F+2T, CiSt, CCoSp, 2A, 3Lz, FCSSp, 2Lo, 3Lz, 3S, SlSt, FCoSp

(He tried 4T at second jump. It seems unlikely to make a success soon but, if he did it, he will become the most strong rival of Evgeni. He doesn't stop even one second, he skated from start to finish. Great... :o: But I thought Chan's expression looked same as his old program. And I don't think that his new LP is good. -_- )

And, his newest interview was put to icenetwork.com.

Chan fears "The Phantom of the Opera" no more
World silver medalist debuts new free program at Liberty Summer Competition
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp...8&vkey=ice_news

(07/18/2009) - Patrick Chan competes his new free skate to The Phantom of the Opera at Liberty on Saturday, but according to his coach, Don Laws, it almost didn't happen.

"They forgot to put him in the draw," he said. "Finally, they just said, 'We'll plug him in last,' so that's where he is."

Chan and Laws would have hated to miss the opportunity; they've come to Liberty for three seasons running.

"This is where we do new material," Laws, who coached Scott Hamilton to Olympic gold in 1984, said. "It's a classic version. I call it 'Phantom of the Olympics.'"

With the Vancouver Games just seven months away, Chan fever has hit Canada. As one of the country's gold-medal hopes, the 18-year-old is featured in promotions and is heavily covered by the press. He has even filmed commercials, including a recent spot for Cheerios.

"Back in Toronto, at least a few times a day, someone will come up to me and say, 'Aren't you Patrick?' Sometimes it gets to be a distraction," the skater said. "That's why I like training [with Laws] in Florida, because I'm away from all that stuff. The distance helps me focus."

The spotlight on the two-time Canadian champion intensified after worlds this March, where the teen won a silver medal. Since then, apart from a week-long break and performances in "Festa on Ice" in South Korea in April, he's focused on his new program, choreographed by Lori Nichol in May.

"It's definitely a program I'm excited about, and I think everyone else is, too," he said. "It's got kind of an Olympic theme.

"It doesn't matter if it's perfect here at Liberty; the important thing is getting it out. That's the plan."

As Chan tells it, selecting the soundtrack for his Olympic quest took all of 10 minutes.

"It was after worlds, after everything calmed down," he remembered. "Lori said, 'What about Phantom of the Opera? And, oh, my God, it's always been in the back of my head. I've dreamed about doing it. I said, 'I love it, I want it.'"

Many other skaters have used Phantom. Sometimes, it appears on skating fans' tongue-in-cheek lists of "banned music," right behind Bizet's Carmen. But that doesn't trouble the young Canadian.

"I can relate to it a lot more than the Rachmaninoff I did," he said. "With [Rachmaninoff], I have to make up a story; here, it's already written for me."

The skater's relationship with the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical began 12 years ago, recalled Lewis Chan.

"Patrick saw it when he was 6 in Toronto," Chan's dad said. "In fact, he was so scared by it, he couldn't sleep."

"Well, I was pretty young," Patrick said. "I remember you had to put on some cartoons to help me sleep. But we just bought tickets to the show in New York, so I'll see it again. And I saw the movie; Lori bought it and gave it to me."

Chan and Laws haven't tinkered with the skater's Tango short program, choreographed by Nichol last season.

"We really haven't had the time to go over it; maybe after Liberty," Chan said. "I hope there will be changes, but I'm so comfortable with it. The spins, for sure, will be different, and maybe Lori can spice up the footwork a bit."

In a sport where people usually parse their words, Chan stands apart. At worlds, he caused a stir with comments about the six-years-older Brian Joubert, telling the press, "If [Joubert] is going to say, 'Let's all do quads,' then he had better have three quads in a program and nail them good, or else he has nothing to say."

Since then, it seems he's mellowed on the subject.

"Years ago, most [top men] had quads in their program. That was under the old 6.0 [judging] system, with Elvis [Stojko]," he said.

"Brian [Joubert] does quads. He's kind of the Tim Goebel of his generation, and I want to do a quad, too. Think about how exciting it would be to land a quad at the Olympics. That gives me goose bumps. But no matter whether I do it or not, I'd be happy with a clean program."

Laws sounds a bit conflicted about the four-revolution jump.

"Of course we're working on the quad toe, but it's not something you can work on constantly," he said. "We know it's the mark of the senior men to have it, but you can still win without it. [World champions] Evan Lysacek and Jeff Buttle proved that.

"We're planning to show it [in the free skate] this season, but we're not absolutely sure. As good as Patrick already is, I don't want to have him put it in the program at a high risk."

Chan, too, is a bit ambivalent.

"It's coming along, and that gives me the confidence to continue to work on it," he said.

"The way I see it is Tiger Woods has a driver in his golf bag. He doesn't always use it. I have the same idea with the quad. I want it in my bag. I may make the decision not to do it, if it's not going well, but I want to have the choice."

One skater who has never had trouble landing his quad toe, 2006 Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko, plans a return to competition at Rostelecom Cup this October. The high-flying Russian typically executed two quad combinations -- often including a quad-triple-double -- in his free programs, and they helped him win three world titles.

"I'm excited to maybe compete against him," Chan said. "I always watched him on TV. My family always talked about him, about how hard he must have worked. To see him in person, maybe skate with him, would be so cool. I've never met him in my life."

Chan has the same attitude toward the Olympics, at least for now.

"There's no pressure; I'm looking forward to it," Chan said. "I try not to thing about it. It's a huge event. I definitely plan on staying in the [athlete's] village. I've already met some members of the bobsled and luge teams and some skiers. I want to go and hang out with them. They're a great bunch. It's going to be a blast."

Edited by kudryavka - 20/7/2009, 23:22

dimitra
view post Posted on 20/7/2009, 22:31

ok he skates non stop, and he is fast, his edges are really amazing...wonderful skating...but apart from that, his style is not developed, he looks sloppy...sorry chan...
I even enjoy joubert more..i dont know..chan's jumps are small and not well excetuted even when he is not falling...they look weak...
and his strauight line is great, BUT HOW MUCH STRAIGHT IT IS??it is zing zang...

kudryavka
view post Posted on 21/7/2009, 01:15

Yes. His jump is low and he falls usually, but he gets high PCS by Transition and Skating Skill... I wanna watch more jump, however it may be today's trend. :AddEmoticons04274.gif:

rainisland
view post Posted on 22/7/2009, 10:07

CITAZIONE
even enjoy joubert more..i dont know..chan's jumps are small and not well excetuted even when he is not falling...they look weak...

I am agree with you, Dimi.

Young sweet Artur Gachinsky during Galà at Pinzolo:
VIDEO "Susanna", singing Adriano Celentano:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhPDLHUyco8

Andrei Lutai during Galà at Pinzolo, 16th July 2009:

kudryavka
view post Posted on 23/7/2009, 01:39

Griazev retired from competitive skating :o:

According to Tatjana Flade and German "Pirouette" magazine, Andrei Griazev has quit competitive skating. This information Tatjana has directly from Andrei's coach, Elena Buianova. Currenlt Andrei is planning to continue skating in ice shows.

http://en.griazev.ru/

QUOTE (rainisland @ 22/7/2009, 19:07)
Young sweet Artur Gachinsky during Galà at Pinzolo:
VIDEO "Susanna", singing Adriano Celentano...

Wow!! Thanks Ada!!! :AddEmoticons04225.gif:

cekoni
view post Posted on 24/7/2009, 00:41

QUOTE (kudryavka @ 20/7/2009, 04:17)
Patrick Chan's Olympics Long Program 'Phantom of the Opera' was uploaded to youtube. According to audience, Chan landed a quad toe easily during 6-minutes-practice.

Patrick Chan 2009 Liberty LP - Phantom of the Opera
(FILE:https://www.youtube.com/v/JLV63koaQR0&hl=ja&fs=1&rel=0)
3A (fall), 4T (fall), 3F+2T, CiSt, CCoSp, 2A, 3Lz, FCSSp, 2Lo, 3Lz, 3S, SlSt, FCoSp

(He tried 4T at second jump. It seems unlikely to make a success soon but, if he did it, he will become the most strong rival of Evgeni. He doesn't stop even one second, he skated from start to finish. Great... :o: But I thought Chan's expression looked same as his old program. And I don't think that his new LP is good. -_- )

What is means: CiSt, CCoSp.... , FCSSp,... SlSt, FCoSp ? :blink:

Yes, he dont "stop", but it seems to me... that it somehow "mechanical" skating - as soon as the supervene more jump, he thinking about the incoming jumps, and not about his "interpretation".
He is young, has energy and has a good skating technique ... but I think, that if he be want to put a "serious" jumps in his programs - that will be to seriously impede him in the other segments in which he is "stronger" :AddEmoticons04259.gif:

Thanks kudryavka ^_^

360 replies since 21/2/2009, 04:01   11770 views