When he returns in the race?, IN SEPTEMBER !!!

« Older   Newer »
dimitra
view post Posted on 24/1/2009, 12:43

How come Evgeni is not popular in Russia??
Bizzare..
I know Yag is just more popular, thats all.

rainisland
view post Posted on 24/1/2009, 13:46

I mean, not like a skater but like a gossip.
Sorry, but it's true.
Even when I was at Milano and when Evgeni and Edvin came insiede Palasharp, he said: Fortunatly, we are wellcome here! In Russia it's not like this".
I think that he is popular in Russia like a public person, but like a skater no.

lucymei
view post Posted on 24/1/2009, 20:16

CITAZIONE (rainisland @ 24/1/2009, 13:46)
Sorry, but it's true.
Even when I was at Milano and when Evgeni and Edvin came insiede Palasharp, he said: Fortunatly, we are wellcome here! In Russia it's not like this".
I think that he is popular in Russia like a public person, but like a skater no.

but as it is possible? :AddEmoticons04259.gif: :AddEmoticons02111.gif:

cekoni
view post Posted on 24/1/2009, 21:27

QUOTE (rainisland @ 23/1/2009, 13:04)
PS: I gave my vote to Plushy, but I see that Yagudin is at 63% now!!
But if we move the site in Italy or some other countries, I thing that Evgeni will be at 80% almost now.........but it's russian site, and we all know that he is not too popular in Russia.

Now Yags have 71% :( ... It is not normal - Yagudin was never a popular in Russia as Evgeni! :o: ... the only answer is that - "revenge" former Plush's fans, who is now vote for Yags :angry:

QUOTE (dimitra @ 24/1/2009, 12:43)
How come Evgeni is not popular in Russia??
Bizzare..
I know Yag is just more popular, thats all.

QUOTE (rainisland @ 24/1/2009, 13:46)
Sorry, but it's true.

With us there is one phrase - "Nobody not saint in own village" <_<

Why is this happening in Russia? :AddEmoticons04259.gif: ... perhaps because of this:

Evgeni's worship in "old times" as "God" there - but when too much edify somebody, and a little disappointment is enough, to negate the "former" God... and then it all trying to overthrow him from "pedestal" :cry:

As part of the "show-business"... he lost his "skaters" fans, and received "indirectly" only Yana's and Dima's fans (if he separate from Yana's - then you'll see what the fall of "popularity" :wacko: )

BUT! ... if he return and maybe victory in the Olympic Games (I still believe in miracles :D ) ... will not be "higher God" among Russians :P

(I hope that he will understand ;) )

cekoni
view post Posted on 26/1/2009, 01:41

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/318977

Alexander Zhulin: From Evgeni Plushenko there is still no rivals

Alexander Zhulin - coach champions Turin 2006 in ice dancing Tatyana Navka and Roman Kostomarov's - brought to the Euro-2009 French Peshala / Burza, became the fourth. After the tournament, I asked Zhulin's, share experiences on the national team in Russia.

"Plushenko must find motivation"

- Best of the Russians in the men's competition - the seventh. What does this mean?
- That in a world it would be 14.

- What with Voronov's? Not visible, as in the past year, progress, the prospect.
- It is not growing. Do not want to see beyond their own nose. To him told the trainers, experts: you missing second quad - without that, nothing is won. And he calmly goes on to do all the same elements. So, do not want to grow, then it suits all.

- And now: to collect donations and ask Plushenko to return?
- I do not know, do not matter to me. So we have: there is no person capable of fighting for medals. How could I not treated Joubert, here it is - a real champion: goes on the ice and in his eyes only the first place. It does not matter - it is ready, not ready, sick, not sick. This is not brought up - this character. These were Plushenko and Yagudin. This was a person. Now those in the men's figure skating, I do not see.

- Subject to the return Plushenko, has already filled all a soreness of the mouth. Here are Italians to Lithuanians returned to the Olympics in Turin, and would be better ... this is not done. Do you remember the triumphal return?
- What? Return Gordeeveya with Grinkov's was enchanting. They returned to win the Olympics in Lillehamere, and did so.

I think that Plushenko and now it would not be rivals. The question is motivation. How to find it - can not imagine. The man has won the Games. What is left up to Vancouver? Year? In principle, it is possible to suffer. A question in motivation – financial, psychological... How itself to adjust to plough for four hours per day? To under-eat, under-fill-up, not see Yana's, only Alexei Nikolayevich ...
Still, it was understood what risk. By the title of Olympic champion is not prefix «ex», but it can be, say, the fourth and severely spoil the impression. Win is always hungry. If Plushenko will be hungry, he would return and win."

cekoni
view post Posted on 26/1/2009, 23:37

http://vppress.ru/news/2009/01/26/3241/

Without Plushenko not to manage

On this background performance of our men single is perceived as deviation: on the European championship in Estonia in 2010 their representation was reduced from three persons to two. But if Mishin's pupil Andrey Lutay to whom its teacher has found good shoes for his skates already in London, at least it is courageous on questions of journalists answered, Sergey Voronov, alas, at it has not dared. Alexey Urmanov has told only that its pupil who in the championship both times acted as the last, probably has "burnt".

In Tallinn, Evgeni Plushenko will be one of two Russian representatives, seemingly.
"Evgeni has called me in Helsinki and was surprised: say that at you here occurs - the figure skater who has executed Axel in one and a half turn, has won those who executed quad jumps", - Evgeni's manager Ari Zakarian has informed the correspondent «VP».
"He for itself (himself) has decided that for a victory it is not required to prepare two quad jumps as he thought before". Zakarian it is assured that Plushenko so has probed soil for the returning to amateur ice.

rainisland
view post Posted on 26/1/2009, 23:51

Sincery, I didn't understand the translation of this article, seems that Evgeni called Mishin at Helsinki and he saod that the skater who won Europian did axel 1/2 and the skater who did 4T didn't win?
I really didn't understand a sense of this article......
Anyway, it's good to know that Evgeni wasn't at Helsinki at all, maybe he had something more important to do.
Sorry, girls, bad mood this evening..........and great nostalgy...........

cekoni
view post Posted on 27/1/2009, 00:09

QUOTE (rainisland @ 26/1/2009, 23:51)
Sincery, I didn't understand the translation of this article, seems that Evgeni called Mishin at Helsinki and he saod that the skater who won Europian did axel 1/2 and the skater who did 4T didn't win?
I really didn't understand a sense of this article......

Evgeni called Ari Zakarian's ;)

I also dont best understand Russian text, but it seems, Evgeni said to Ari's that he now prepare the less difficulties jumps for the competitions

... this text is, in fact - announcement :B):

Emy71
view post Posted on 27/1/2009, 09:44

CITAZIONE

As part of the "show-business"... he lost his "skaters" fans, and received "indirectly" only Yana's and Dima's fans (if he separate from Yana's - then you'll see what the fall of "popularity" :wacko: )

:AddEmoticons04259.gif: I am totally agree !! Evgeny is losing his identity of skater and great champion for the gossip.
After the Olympiads he was great "ALONE", but now without Yana it would be the same thing?

cekoni
view post Posted on 28/1/2009, 01:58

QUOTE (Emy71 @ 27/1/2009, 09:44)

:AddEmoticons04259.gif: I am totally agree !! Evgeny is losing his identity of skater and great champion for the gossip.
After the Olympiads he was great "ALONE", but now without Yana it would be the same thing?

He still has not lost its "identity" of great skaters ... for now. ;)
But he lost a large number of fans. :AddEmoticons04274.gif:

If I understand you well, you asked me what the different his "loniless" after the Olympics and now, if they two split? :AddEmoticons04259.gif:
Well, Masha is not Yana, regarding the scandal and the "withdrawal" by newspapers after that.... :ph34r:

rainisland
view post Posted on 28/1/2009, 08:33

I don't like to speak about Yana, even if I realised how important she is for his life and his public presentation.
If he splits his relationship with her, it can be only another GOSSIP to use for selling newspaper, nothing all.
I think that it's a biggest reason because he lost his MAGGIOR number of fans (and he still loosing them), but it's a moment came to separate Evgeni skater and Evgeni - public pesonality, and Evgeni - simply simpatic and sweet boy we loved for what he IS, and nothing more.
I do love figure skating, but I do love Evgeni for what he IS (not only skater) also because I had an honour to meet him personaly....but, lots of people did not, so I understand......the russian are very proud and I think they prefer Yagudin's retired (in silence, without too much rumors) instead of Evgeni's being EVEYWHERE WELCOME AND LOVED, and in every newspaper and TV program......representing Russia, even as a skater, the fans of figure skating are looking for others...even if others...who are the others? Maybe maybe only Lutai (but so far away)m the young couple, and...........one day little Plushy Artur Gachinski (so sweet and sooo young, he can't compeet now........and little Elisabeta - also to young for compete)........I do not see others.......

Emy71
view post Posted on 28/1/2009, 08:38

[QUOTE=Emy71,27/1/2009, 09:44]
CITAZIONE

I meant: When he won the Olympiads in Turin, Evgeny was the greatest (for me he is still now ), but it was obviously great with his strengths,hard job and sacrifice and with the help of Mishin.
He was not been the champion because his wife were famous or powerful people!

rainisland
view post Posted on 28/1/2009, 08:44

I think it's not necessary to discuss who Evgeni will be or not will be with or without Yana..........

He will be what he decides to be, even Mishin said that Zhenya has got his own life and that he is waiting for him to practice again.......
The question is that Evgeni said - not once - that he feels desire to have a family, to do other things........after 22 years of skating, I think it's normal to desire something else..........
I think I am off topic, sorry........

Emy71
view post Posted on 28/1/2009, 09:05

Also I think whether to continually speak of Yana (or his ex wife) is an unpleasant thing and perhaps to avoid.
But unfortunately she is always present in his life, she is 50%, you understand.
That is not a very good thing for us, but for Evgeny is fundamental her presence because he has always desired a numerous family with a lot of kids!!!!!
For this thing is to admire and must sustain him :36_1_55.gif:

509 replies since 6/11/2008, 17:26   10494 views