When he returns in the race?, IN SEPTEMBER !!!

« Older   Newer »
cekoni
view post Posted on 13/4/2009, 01:45 by: cekoni

http://www.championat.ru/other/article-31456.html

Piseev: I be happy if Plushenko will return

The President of the Federation of figure skating Russia Valentin Piseev summarized "before-Oly" season and marked our medals prospects for the Games in Vancouver....

- And if faced with the choice of where to direct all efforts of the federation: the victory in the doubles skating or, say, in single skating?
- It is simply impossible. I would like to say that the single skating, we will fight for getting into the winners, but this is unrealistic. We are now on this is simply not ready. How can we cope with, for example, South Korean Kim? It is stronger than all on the head, but in the short program at the world championship by ten points spared nearest rivals. And as you can draft with the Japanese, which cascades from the triple jump jumps.
The other case, if Evgeny Plushenko will act ... That's when you can have, and the medals in singles skating talk. God forbid that he had trained, prepared. The level of male solo skating is not so high that Plushenko was not able to win Olympic gold, even after three years absence from the amateur sport. With the same Lysachek active world champion, could be combated. But, again, to whom? To date, Plushenko is in force, but Sergei Voronov yet far from this, as Andrei Lutay.

- And at what stage of training now Evgeny Plushenko?
- Here is where I see him at least one all-Russian competitions of any level, so that he skate his program, or at least one of them, then I say: "Yes, Zhenya is seriously preparing for the competition." Now he trains, but I do not know what will be a month. He had a difficult situation: a man went to another dimension after the Olympics - so it hard to re-enter in the rhythm. But I wish him all the best and I will be happy if he would continue in earnest to prepare for the Games.

- One of the main conditions for his return, Plushenko considered worthy of funding. The Federation is ready to provide it?
- We have in the past year, has already plan. I still lie sent Plushenko layout preparation for months, then at some point about all these plans simply forgotten. So, I say now, that believe in his return, but when I see it in official competitions. And now what? Well, give money. Well, although like so directly Zhenya not in question. While he trains. We have him, of course, create all necessary conditions for training: to provide ice, costumes, musicians and choreographers - without problem! But this should definitely make sure his return....

509 replies since 6/11/2008, 17:26   10494 views